Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

We've been busy busy here getting ready for Christmas. Reagan is KIND OF aware of what's going on. We read TONS of Christmas books everyday, we talk about Santa and baby Jesus a lot. She knows something exciting is in the air but isn't sure quite what. She might be confused about the whole Christmas tree thing though. We got one at the beginning of the month but it only lasted about a week and then totally died and was one crispy critter. This morning Kurt and I took all the ornaments and lights off and are starting over. We actually are borrowing my parents artificial tree which I'm so thankful for even though I'm not a big fan of "falsie" trees!! Oh well, we can rough it for one year right?

Kurt and I went to the KPMG company Christmas party last night at Berryhill. My parents were kind enough to babysit so we could have an evening out. Kurt was all excited about the ugly sweater competition and the awards being given out to the best dressed. We had purchased ugly sweaters while we were down in Dallas in hopes we could get a funny family picture together but it never happened. Luckily we had another chance to wear the beautiful garments. We ended up winning the award for "best old-fashioned christmas look". Kurts cardigan felt about as soft as a pile of hay and his tie was really what topped it off. I took a close up picture of the tie for you all. Our motto for the night was "nothing says Merry Christmas like a pile of dead fish". See for yourself:


I bought a cardigan that fit nicely over my 7 month preggo belly




We visited a preschool last week (and ended up enrolling Reagan there for the fall semester) and since the visit Reagan has been really interested in sitting on the potty. The preschool had a potty room full of these cute little toilets, Reagan thought they were pretty neat and as soon as we got home she kept saying "pee pee on the potty?" Everytime she asks to go we put her on the pot, give her a sippy cup of juice and sit on the floor and read her books. She insists on getting completely naked as well. So far she hasn't gone either pee or poo but we will keep trying. In the mean time it makes for some pretty cute pictures:



Lastly, Reagan is really into stacking anything and everything she can. It's a weird phase that I'm sure will be over by the end of the week. Anyway, this morning she was fiddling around in the pantry and then started yelling "look at that!! look at that!!" I hurried over to her (kind of scared to find out what I was about to see) and all I found was 3 cracker boxes stacked end to end or as Reagan likes to say "toppy-top". She was pretty proud of herself and I had to get a quick pic.



I also forgot to post after the last entry that I passed the glucose test.....no gestational diabetes here!

No comments: