Thursday, December 6, 2012

Grandpa Don

December seems to be a tough month for our family.  We have had so many losses in the month of December it's quite sad.  Kurt lost his Grandpa Don a couple days ago.  Grandpa Don was 95 years old and lived an amazing life.  He was a WWII veteran, he saw his first wife Rosie through brain cancer, raised 3 amazing kids, was a wonderful husband to Grandma Jean and was a loving grandpa/great-grandpa to all of his kiddos.  He was a loving grandpa to me via marriage to Kurt.  When Kurt and I married, I didn't have any grandfathers alive anymore, Grandpa Don showed me love like he was my own grandpa.  For that I will be forever grateful.  Heaven gained a great man with Don Williams. I know he's up there dancing around with Rosie, catching up with Grandpa Jeff/Lloyd/Robert and watching over all of us.


No comments: