Thursday, August 1, 2013

July Photo Dump

Wow, July was busy for us!! It's August now (yay!!) so I'm going to do a quick photo dump to sum up the month of July.

Our friends Missy and Matt had us over for the 4th of July.  We had a great time bbqing and watching the kiddos play.  Matt brought out the blow torch when it was time for fireworks :)  Hope we get to spend the 4th with them next year as well!  Such great friends.








Reese got transitioned to a big girl bed!!!  She was night and day difference from Reagan with this transition.  She hardly got out of bed at all and we have had no problems with her.  She is sharing a room with big sis and they seem to really enjoy it.  

Vacation Bible School!!  Reagan has VBS for a week in July and just like last year she loved it.  They play this super fun energetic music we call "God Music" in our house.  Even Reese has most of the songs memorized now.  One day after VBS I found Reagan outside playing with Reese with this piece of paper taped to her face.  She was playing "church" and this paper was her microphone.  I was laughing so hard I nearly wet myself. 


Josie's birthday party at Big Al's!  Miss. Josie Marie turned 6 in July!!  We had a fun family birthday party at Big Al's. The kids had a blast bowling and playing games.  As usual, Reese beat everyone at bowling.









Cheer camp!!  For those of you who know of my background and LOVE for cheerleading, you know how excited I was when Reagan wanted to try out a cheer camp.  I tried to hide my giddiness all week :)  Reese was dying to do it to, she'll participate next year.




In addition to cheerleading, Reagan also has tried out gymnastics and ballet this summer.  She LOOOOVED gymnastics but was exhausted by the end.  The class for her age group is an hour and fifteen minutes!  We will see how long her love for the sport lasts.



The name of the game this summer has been independence!!  I am blessed to have two very independent little girls on my hands but with a third girl on the way, I know how important it will be to have Reagan and Reese as independent as possible before the new baby arrives.  I'm not talking anything too crazy, small things like getting themselves into the car/seat/buckled by themselves, dressing and undressing themselves, cleaning up as a team, bringing plates/dishes over to the sink when done, taking shoes off/on independently.  All of these "little" things will make a huge difference once I'm a mom of 3....heck, it already makes a huge difference to have them doing these things.  Besides making MY life easier, they are pretty proud of themselves for being "big girls" and mommy's "helper".  I feel so blessed to have such wonderful kiddos.

Now the baby countdown!! August 12 will be 8 weeks until my due date.  I was 3 weeks early w/ Reagan and 10 days early with Reese so I assume this one will come early (and fast) too.  The countdown is on!!  I'm looking forward to meeting my newest love.



No comments: