Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Remington Rose

She's here!!  The missing piece of our family was brought to us early Sunday, October 6th.

As usual, I had a speedy labor/delivery.  My water broke at 11pm Saturday night, right after I had closed my eyes to sleep.  We put our "team" in motion by making calls to my sister, my parents and Kurt's parents.  My sister was first to arrive (literally 2 minutes after I called her), so Kurt and I raced to the hospital.

I was checked into triage at 11:30pm and moved to the delivery room shortly after being examined.  I warned the nurses I tend to have quick deliveries so to order up an epidural asap. :)   Labor was fast and furious, I went from a 4 to a 9 in about a half hour.  I did have time for the epidural, it KIND OF had time to work : /  Around 1:15am the doc arrived and told me to push, one big breath and one push and out she came!!  I think we all were overwhelmed upon seeing her for the first time.  My sister and my mom were in the room with Kurt and me.  It was really special to have them there.  One of the pictures I have (which I won't post b/c of the ickiness) shows my sister and I holding hands....I just love it.  Once I saw her I finally had that feeling of being complete.  She is most definitely the final piece to our family.

Since being home, the girls have been over the moon with excitement.  They adore their baby sister. They are constantly waiting turns to kiss her and/or hold her.  They have been patient with me as I take a little longer to do things now, mostly due to breastfeeding Remi.

Sleeping is hit and miss right now.  The nights are pretty much sleepless but I know it's not going to last forever.  In a few short months we will be getting a lot more sleep and feeling much more human.  Right now we are just taking things slow, enjoying time together and being extremely thankful for the blessings we have.














No comments: