The new year has brought lots of changes into our lives, mostly in regards to Reagan's development. It seems there is something new everyday. The past week has brought HUGE changes. Reagan turned 5 months old on February 4th. Because we hit the 5 month mark, the doctor said it was okay to try rice cereal with her. So, this Saturday morning Kurt and I ventured into the world of feeding our baby w/ a spoon. We're not sure exactly how much if any she ended up swallowing but here is a short video and some pictures of our adventure with rice cereal.
The other milestone Reagan hit this weekend was rolling over!! I think it happened by accident really but she rolled from her tummy onto her back. She did it 3 times in a row and then Grandma and Grandpa Decker came over to see the new "trick" and she of course got stage fright and didn't do it again. Oh well, at least we got one time on camera right? Here's the clip:
The only other change we saw this month is that Reagan's bottom two teeth came in. This was a surprise to us because she didn't have any typical teething signs besides sticking everything in her mouth and massive amounts of drool! I now fear for my life every time I nurse her. eeek! This could get dicey.
Kurt is keeping busy with work which in this economy is a good thing....job security!! He hasn't had to travel all that often, just occasional overnight trips to Seattle. I'm jealous because he gets to enjoy all the fantastic sushi restaurants Seattle has to offer. I do not however wish I could go with him to enjoy Seattle's lovely traffic. Ugg. I've been keeping myself busy at home with Reagan, it's amazing how quickly our days go by. I do a lot of work around the house on a daily basis and we also try to get out AT LEAST once a day on a walk, out to run errands or just SOMETHING! I joined a local Moms Club here in Eagle and I'm going to start going to their activities next week. Lots of play dates and fun activities every week. It will be nice to meet other stay at home moms in my area. All in all, life is good!! We are happier than we have ever been. More to come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment