Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to me?

Today is my 32nd birthday....kind of a non-descript birthday really. After the big 3-0 the birthday excitement kind of comes every 5 years I think. So 35 then 40 are the next exciting ones I have to look forward to. Today seems like any other day to me. Kurt is travelling for work unfortunately and Reagan and I are doing our thing together during the day. Today started out a bit differently than normal though.

Reagan has been a major pill lately with staying IN her big girl bed. Once she's asleep she's fine, sleeps through the night in there and everything. It's just been a struggle to get her to fall asleep because she gets out of bed and lays on her floor or walks around her bedroom. So far, she hasn't left her bedroom, she just messes around in her room.

So this morning I wake up and start walking down the hallway to her bedroom. I saw on the video monitor that she had gotten out of bed after she woke up. I figured she was laying on her floor again or something. OH NO.....I look into the bathroom to find her playing in the toilet water. There were a couple cups in there, her stuffed animals and blanket were on the floor beside the toilet and were of course soaking wet. To top things off, she had a giant poop in her diaper. So not only was she soaking wet, she had a stinky poop too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!!! She looked at me with her big beautiful brown eyes and said "hi mommy!! play with dinosaurs???" Good thing she's adorable right?


I called my parents after I got everything cleaned up and apologized for being such a pill when I was a kid. I was the WORST at going/staying in bed. I swear, for the first 10 years of my life my parents struggled to keep me IN bed. When I told them the story they both started laughing hysterically.....I don't think they felt bad for me at all. Payback?? Anyway, Mom and Dad - - I'm reallllllly sorry for all I put you through. I now know how frustrating it is when you just want to relax at the end of the day and not run up and down stairs putting your 2 1/2 year old back in bed. I TOTALLY get it now. It only took 32 years.
Reagan also started wearing a pony tail and for some reason it's aged her 3 years!! She looks like a kindergartner or something!!


No comments: