The second "whoa" moment came when we got home. Reagan's been a little congested lately and she HATES it when I put saline drops in her nose. We're talking major TEARS the second she sees the saline bottle. Well I love the saline because you drop it in and within a few minutes the boogies that have been plugging her up just start coming out!! (sorry if this grosses anyone out) So the alternative to saline is her learning to blow her nose. It's NOT super easy to teach someone to blow their nose. Kind of like teaching her what it feels like when you need to go pee-pee. Kind of has to happen once by mistake and then she'll get it. Today was the day. I kept asking her to blow her nose and low and behold she did!! ALLLLLL OVEEEERRR her face. We were in the middle of her bedroom and there was not a tissue in sight so what's a mom to do? Grab it with your hands!! I did it w/out thinking and a second later was kind of gagging thinking "well THATS something I never thought I'd do when I was in my 20's"!! I guess you do what your kids need you to do and move on!!
Anyway, just wanted to share those two stories with you all. We are looking forward to an exciting weekend with our friend Kelly who is coming to visit from Seattle. I've been prepping Reagan all day about Miss. Kelly's arrival. I'm sure Kelly will be well educated on all things dinosaur by the time she leaves! Happy Weekend everyone!
1 comment:
Funny! Those huge carts should come with beepers like semi trucks...beep...beep...beep. they take up the entire aisle and then some! However, they're one of the few grocery store carts that can hold two little ones at the same time. Very few stores' carts can, besides Costco. Oh yeah--soon you will be THAT mom who chooses a grocery store to shop based on its carts!
Post a Comment