Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st Day of School

Nothing prepared me for the first day of school, that's for sure. Reagan was SO excited all morning. She walked around with her backpack on for a good 1/2 hour and was asking "is it time to get in the car to go to school??" Finally we arrived, she skipped in the front door, happy as a clam, so excited to see "teacher and friends". When it came time to say goodbye to me she was a little hesitant but her teacher picked her up and took her to the 'waving window' to wave at me as I left. She was smiling and waving while saying "bye mom!!!"

I got in the car and burst into tears. I wasn't prepared for the feeling of leaving her.....felt very unnatural to me. I was very proud of her for being so excited and self-assured but at the same time, I felt like I got punched in the gut! I can't wait to pick her up and see how the first day went!!




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Awe.... So cute! I LOVE her little outfit and backpack and the pic of you two is adorable :)