Monday, September 5, 2011

3rd Birthday!

Reagan turned 3 yesterday!! We toyed w/ the idea of throwing a big bash with friends and family but decided to just have a day alone w/ our girl. Jim and Jan (Grammie and Papa) came over in the morning and were kind enough to watch Reese for the morning. Once they arrived, Kurt, Reagan and I headed to the zoo. The zoo is one of those places that never gets old...we could go everyday and Reagan would think it was the best thing ever. This time in particular the only thing she wanted to see and do was go on the giraffe slide. We chose a route around the zoo that would allow us to see all the animals while eventually ending at the beloved giraffe slide.

After the zoo we headed to Red Robin for lunch. I think Reagan enjoyed having some time with mom and dad w/o interruptions by her little sister :)

Around 5, Grandma, GG (great Grandma Betty), Grammie and Papa came over for dinner, cake and gifts! It was a low key, quick night but I think she had a great time. To be honest, the last few months have been difficult ones with Reagan. I can tell that the 3's are going to be a lot more difficult than the 2's have been. She's definitely getting an opinion about things and isn't shy about expressing herself. As a parent I struggle with feeling like I'm disciplining her constantly and rarely give praise. Looking through these pictures from her birthday tell me that we must be doing something right. Her smile tells me she's a happy, healthy, well-adjusted little girl. She knows she's loved, safe and cherished. Like my cousin Sarah once told me "the days are long but the years are short". Looking through these pictures reminds me to slow down and enjoy the ride. How blessed we are to have such a spunky, smart, and beautiful little girl in our lives.









No comments: