So I had one of those "mom" moments today where your heart is going to burst out of your chest because you are so proud of your child. Reagan went to swim today and about half way through, her teacher said "okay, are you ready to do the back stroke all by yourself across the pool?" Without hesitation, Reagan said "YEAH!!" and dove backwards into the pool and proceeded to swim by herself all the way across the pool! I was on the side of the pool with the video camera, eyes filled with tears, lip quivering. I am so proud of the progress she's made in swimming. I haven't had to bribe her to go, she has done this all on her own.
I'm a total weenie when it comes to things like this. For crying out loud, I got choked up when my dog graduated from puppy school!!! I know I'm going to have a long road of parenting ahead of me, as I approach bigger milestones like graduations, weddings, etc. I guess you have to start small? Still....my heart is full.
No comments:
Post a Comment