Well the funny thing is that the day I started this blog, my water broke!! We welcomed Reagan Marie Williams into this world at 5:54 a.m. on September 4th. She was 3 weeks early but is a healthy and happy baby girl. It's only been two weeks and already we can't imagine our lives without this little angel. So here's the funny part of the whole "labor" thing. I was watching the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night when all of a sudden I felt my water break. Normally I would have been excited about this but on this particular night, Kurt was in Salt Lake City for the night. He had planned a trip there for work for literally less than 24 hours. The second my water broke I called him and told him he needed to get back to Boise....NOW. Bless his heart, he got a cab to the airport and rented a car, put it in drive and did 80+ all the way back to Boise. After I called Kurt, I called my mom. She came over right away and took me to the hospital. I was still in denial that my water had broken (don't ask what else it would be...I was emotional) so as soon as I checked into L&D triage, they checked me and sure enough....my water had broken....game on! So I learned quickly during my time at the hospital that my labors go REALLY fast. One hour I was at 4 cm and an hour later I was at 7cm. I was definitely panicked (so were the nurses) that this baby was going to come w/o daddy being present. The nursing staff kept me calm and even gave me some meds to slow down the process. Kurt DID make it for the delivery. I think he got to the hospital at 2a.m. and I was at 8cm. Reagan was born almost 4 hours later. Thank goodness he was there, I couldn't have done it without him (and my mom who was also in the room). So now we're home and settling into family life. We're both extremely tired but seeing Reagan move around and grow DAILY makes it all worth it. We've been so blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who have been taking such good care of us. It's been two weeks and we haven't had to cook a meal yet!! Reagan has been surrounded by all those to love her. Here's a few pictures..........more to come!



No comments:
Post a Comment