Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

My first Mothers Day! So much fun!! We started out the day meeting Jan over at the 36th Street Bistro for breakfast. If you haven't tried it....it's a must. Great environment...yummy coffee and wonderful food! It was a beautiful day here in Boise and breakfast at a nursery was perfect!! From breakfast we headed home to give Reagan a nap, let Dad catch up on yard work and let me catch up on laundry and cleaning...ugg.

Around 1:30 we left for the airport to pick up UNCLE JOSH!! He's finally back from Iraq safe and sound!! Last time Josh saw Reagan was right before he left for Iraq and Reagan was about 4 days old. Needless to say she's changed a bit since he saw her last. She absolutely LOVES him already. From the moment he picked her up she couldn't stop staring at him. Here a a few pictures of their reunion....






I wanted to share a excerpt from a book I'm reading that I thought was beautiful. I'm reading the book "It Sucked and then I Cried. How I had a baby, a breakdown and a much needed margarita" -by Heather Armstrong. I heard the title of this book and knew it was for me. At the end of every chapter, the author writes a letter to her baby girl. The end of one paragraph really struck me, I got all choked up when I read it because I find myself feeling the exact same way. I think most Mom's can relate....here it is:

"Just when I think my love for you couldn't be any bigger, I wake up and discover that I love you even more, and I worry that my body isn't big enough to hold this much love. I worry that my insides may explode because there isn't any more room. I am drunk on my love for you, a sloppy druink who can't see straight or speak in coherent sentences, a drunk who giggles every time you fart. And it's just so awesome that you're old enough now that you can giggle with me."

Here's to loving our little ones more than we can describe. Happy Mothers Day everyone!

2 comments:

Morgan Davis Zimmerman said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!!! What a journey! Love seems like to little of a word for what we get! I am so glad you had a great day!!!

Dahlberg said...

I love the patriotic outfit she's in!! What a doll :)