Thursday, March 4, 2010

YMCA Daycare

Okay so it's been 18 months and I've never left Reagan with anyone other than her grandparents, her Daddy or my friends Angela or Missy. So I thought that since she is 18 months old TODAY....why not try out the YMCA daycare? It's fairly clean (compared to other gym daycares) and I feel like she would be pretty safe there. I dropped her off at 10:45 because I had an 11a.m. kickboxing class. My class lasted an hour so I was going to pick her up at noon.

I was SUPER nervous to drop her off....I know, I know, DRAMA. Anyway, we walk in ther room and Reagan can hardly wait to jump out of my arms and run off and play with all the kids. I was a little sad that it happened that way but also very proud of her. She has never been a clingy kid, she plays really well alone and could care less if I was around.

WELL picking her UP from the daycare room was a different story. I walked in to see her sitting in the middle of the floor playing w/ another girl. I asked one of the workers how she did and the lady said "she's been crying uncontrollably for about 1/2 hour"! WHAT?! I thought she was kidding. Reagan saw me and started crying again while saying "mama, mama, mama, mama, mama". BREAKING MY HEART this kid!! Anyway, I got her home and calmed down and now she's taking a monster nap.

I want to go back and try it again but am going to have so much anxiety again! She's got to get used to it right? I'm feeling a little like I scared the bejesus out of her by leaving her.....i'm trying REALLY hard to not feel guilty. Mama needs her time too right?

This parenting things is surely not for wimps....

2 comments:

Malia said...

You did the right thing, and I think you should keep trying. My advice is never sneak out...make sure she notices that you're leaving, say bye and that mommy will be back. She'll be upset for 2 minutes and happy the rest of the time.

Dahlberg said...

Oh Lynne - so sorry! How awful. But, you know what....I am sure it was much worse for you than for her. She's already forgot all about it. You are a wonderful mom and deserve your time!!! Don't think twice about doing it again. Next time will be better.

Danny