Thursday, August 5, 2010
tender....
Lately we have been noticing how tender hearted Reagan has become. Throughout the day she can be found giving all her stuffed animals hugs while saying "aaaawwwwweeee". I wonder where she learned that? She also hugs her books, magnets, sippy cup, blanket, movies, etc. Pretty much anything she can squeeze she does and says "aaaaaawwwwweeee". I am quickly learning that as a parent, it's VERY rewarding to have a compassionate kid. She notices when people are sad and when people are happy. She notices EVERYTHING! For example, Kurt came home from work yesterday and gave me a hug in the kitchen. We were just standing there, hugging while looking at Reagan. She got a big smile on her face and walked over to join in the hug. She wanted to be part of the moment. It was one of those moments as a parent where we needed to take a step back and pat ourselves on the back for a job well done. Without knowing it, we have been teaching her about love and compassion simply by living the life we were taught to live by our parents. Sometimes I get so caught up in mommy-hood.....our daily schedule of meals, snacks, activities, storytime, outdoor time etc, etc, etc. Sometimes I need to step back and look at the really important lessons she's learning just by watching.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment