Wednesday, October 13, 2010
City of Trees Half Marathon
Kurt finished his 2nd 1/2 marathon last weekend when he did the Boise City of Trees Half Marathon. It was a beautiful day here in Boise for the event, we were all very thankful for that. In the past this race has been dreadfully cold and rainy so he really lucked out with the weather. The last 1/2 marathon he did was when we lived in Seattle where he ended up finishing in 1:43 while running in the hail/rain/snow....classic Seattle. His goal this year was to beat his Seattle time. He did! He ended up finishing in 1:42.....only a minute faster but HEY he'll take it. He placed 50th out of 550 runners and 9th in his age group. Overall he was happy with the result. Reagan and I cheered him on along the course and were waiting at the finish line for him. Such a great day. Congrats Kurt! I will post pics from the race if I can ever find them..... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment