Sunday, October 24, 2010

Big Girl Bed

I am totally and completely in nesting mode now. Cleaning out rooms, getting rid of stuff, moving furniture around, etc etc etc. I feel like there's so much to do before our new baby girl gets here and I know once I hit my 3rd trimester I'm not going to feel like doing much of anything.

My friend Ang loaned me a toddler bed. I've been hesitant to use it because Reagan will eventually have a full sized bed (once the furniture and bedding arrives). I didn't know whether to transition her from a crib to a toddler bed or just go from the crib straight to a full sized bed. Truth be told I was probably over thinking it as I do most everything but yesterday something got into me and I just set up the toddler bed and decided that yesterday was the day we were moving her out of the crib.

After the bed was all set up, I had Reagan and Daddy come check it out. I didn't know how she would respond because she's a BIG fan of the crib. You have never seen a happier girl. She climbed on the bed and started bouncing up and down. Kurt said "You're such a big girl Reagan!" and she said back "Reagan is SOOOO big!!!". I don't know what got into me (probably pregnancy hormones) but I burst into tears! In a split second I flashed back to the first time we put her in the crib to sleep. She looked so tiny in that great big crib. Now she was completely over it and excited to move on to the "big girl" phase of bedtime. I honestly can't believe how quickly the time has gone. Reagan noticed me crying and walked over to me, put her hand on my cheek and said "Mommy's sad. Are you okay Mommy?" Yeah....that made things worse but I couldn't be more proud of my tender hearted little girl. She's such a sweet little one, now she's my sweet little one in a big girl bed!!

So if you're wondering how things went the first day in the bed. At naptime she got up and out about 6 times in 20 minutes. We kept going into her room asking her to get back in because it was "nite nite time". She eventually got it, and slept for almost 3 hours. Last night for bedtime it took her a little bit to get to sleep. We put her down at 8 and she didn't fall asleep until 10:15 but then slept til 9a.m. this morning. Kurt woke up at 4 a.m. to find her laying flat on the floor asleep, out cold. So far, as all transitions have been so far, this one has been a piece of cake. Much easier than I had built it up in my mind to be....shocking, I know.

Here are some pictures I took w/ my cell phone of her first introduction to her big girl bed. The full size bed transition will probably be a month from now.




Two paci's in her mouth, ready to go!!


Happy, happy girl!!

No comments: