Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What a great month

April has flown by and now we are already into May! What happened??  Time is flying by and at times I love it but at other times, I'd like time to stand still for just another moment. The girls are growing and changing so much right now but I feel like I say that every month.

Reagan is having a great time in preschool still, she wishes she could go everyday of the week instead of 2 days a week (9am-12).  She has made some really great friends and we are so lucky to have found a preschool that feels like a big family.  She says the funniest things to us, it's hard to take her seriously at times.  She has created a couple of imaginary friends named "Toady and Suzie".  Toady is 5 and Suzie is 1.  She never talks TO them, she talks about them, as if they are friends from school.  I'm not going to lie, it kind of freaked me out at first....imaginary friends and all.  I asked my friend Missy to talk to her brother (who's a psychologist) about whether this was normal or not...luckily he said it was very normal and a great sign that her imagination is alive and well.  PHEW.  Last night as I was putting her to bed she asked me to sing her a song.  "okay" I said "what do you want me to sing?"   she replied w/ "ummmmm, I think you should sing 'Rumor has it'" If you don't know, that's a popular song by Adele right now on the radio.....hilarious.

Reese has had a rough month.  She currently has 4 teeth on top and 3 on the bottom.  For the last 4 weeks, she has had 2 molars and another baby tooth trying to cut their way loose.  My normally mellow, happy baby has been miserable for about a month. I'm beginning to see the personality differences between Reagan and Reese.  Reagan was never one of those babies who tried to get into everything....I never really had to baby proof anything.  Reese on the other hand is completely opposite.  she doesn't want to play w/ toys, she wants to open every cabinet in the house and get into whatever is inside.  Needless to say, my house is locked down and baby proofed.  She also managed to call 911 on my phone today....the girl is a hurricane.

Kurt and I managed to get out for a date night one time this month which was great. We went to the "Bolo Ball" which was a fundraiser for the College of Idaho Track and Field program.  We got dressed up in Western wear and had a night out with friends.  It was fantastic.

Now we are anxiously awaiting June 1st when my sister and her family will be moving to Eagle.  We are going to have a blast together.  Here are some pictures from the past month:








No comments: