Reese Laura Williams made her speedy arrival on Wednesday March 2nd!! She must have known we had an appointment with the doctor on Wednesday morning to talk about possible induction! She wanted to come on her own!!
My water broke Wednesday morning around 2am. We rushed to the hospital and arrived by 2:30-ish. I checked into triage dilated to a 5 so they took me into the delivery room right away. After a short (and uncomfortable) wait for the epidural the Anesthesiologist started attempting to give me the blessed drug. Well, he had to try 3 times before getting it in!! I was not a super happy camper at this point. Shortly after the epidural (it hadn't gone into effect yet) I felt a lot of pressure and an intense need to push. The nurse looked startled when I told her this because 45 minutes ago I was only at 5cm. So she checked me out and in a very calm voice said "okay, you are at a 10+2, I'm going to get the doctor here". WHAT? I know what 10cm means but what is PLUS 2? The next thing they told me was to keep my legs together and try not to cough or sneeze.....this explained it. I started kind of freaking out because my epidural hadn't taken effect yet and I was scared to death of feeling EVERYTHING. The doc finally arrived and told me to start pushing. YIKES....luckily, the epidural took the edge off the pain and I could just focus on the pushes. Turns out I only needed 6 pushes and Reese was here!!
They put her onto my chest and my heart almost exploded. I was worried I wouldn't love another child as much as my sweet Reagan but the minute I held Reese my love doubled....it was amazing. I was so glad to have Kurt and my mom in the delivery room with me, cheering me on. It was a whirlwind of a delivery but it was amazing.
1 comment:
Oh, what a sweet story. Isn't it amazing how your heart just doubles in size, overnight? She's just gorgeous and I'm so glad that she got to pick her own birthday! :)
Post a Comment